Monday, January 2, 2012

Best of 2011

2011 has been a landmark year.
A huge, huge, HUGE year.

My kids, you have each grown at least 2 inches.
You consume massive amounts of food collectively.
You've been healthy for another year,
learned the US States & Capitals, 
 Ugandan facts, 
and how to make room in your hearts.

Luke, you became a Soccer Star.

Graham, you became a Reader.

Ethan, you became a Big Brother.

Rissa, you became Ours.


Andrew, you have become Even Braver -
You are a man to be followed.


...And me 
I have learned how to Hope

How to dream bigger.
How to wait better.
How to just keep walking.

I have witnessed wonders.


Since January 1, 2010 
these little lives  has had over 
19,288 visitors.
Woah.

The most-read post was by far:

with 322 page-views

followed by #2: 

with 233 page-views.


NEITHER of these were about our family's personal adoption
of our daughter.

Huh.

Interesting.

Whaddya know.

People all over the world have read these thoughts
and watched these little lives, apparently.

I squeeze my eyes shut
and breathe a prayer of awe.

I feel overwhelmed.

And I can only reply:

"I want you to know...that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel" ~ Philippians 1:12

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing, glorious year indeed! Blessings to you and yours for 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to have this year include your sweet family. (((hugs)))
    I cannot wait to see what your future holds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny...I learned how to hope in the "God of Hope" in 2011 also. ;)

    ReplyDelete