Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Realization of Dreams

"...tears stream down my cheeks as I read (Isaiah 60) today. 
All I can think is maybe this time next year maybe Rissa will be home.
It seems too wonderful to hope for 
but it is my dream.
O, that God would hasten you home 
where you belong.
I love you,
Mommy."
- from my journal, December 21, 2010



"I miss you so incredibly much...
it's almost enough to choke me. 
I feel so acutely that you should be here - 
eating bits of honeycake and crawling around with new blocks & a babydoll...
my deepest prayer - the one I am afraid to trust the Lord with because it seems barely plausible -
- almost impossible
is for you, Rissa to be home by Christmas next year. 
Now, I accept that just may not actually happen.
I do.
But it's my desire, still.
God - please allow me to trust You.
Please give me the grace to ask of You in faith.
Please show my Your goodness by meeting my needs the way You see fit.
The Truth here is that I need more of YOU. 
Help me want more of You, God...
Merry Christmas, my daughters.
All the love in my heart is yours,
Mommy."

- from my journal, Christmas morning December 25, 2010









5 comments:

  1. It's amazing what can happen when we least expect it. To think she's been home almost a year is awesome. :-) I'm so glad she was home this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet gifts from a Father who knows what we need before we even ask for it. :) LOVE seeing your family grow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Rissa and Andrew and Esty and Ethan and Graham and Luke. Jacob loves his batman cave, btw, and says THANK YOU to Graham and Ethan and Luke for the suggestion to his momma. She never would have thought of it otherwise.
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just recently found your blog! We are adopting from Uganda. Thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete