Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"Let me Explain...No - there is too much - Let me Sum up..."

So, we are HOME!
You missed it!
Actually, I'm kidding you didn't miss it.
(That's a blogger's version of playing a joke on your readers.)
I fought with myself over how much to blog overseas -
I wanted to share but wanted to be conservative,
wanted to preserve our judicial process but also wanted to leave a breadcrumb trail...
I was torn.
I fretted.
I consulted Andrew who had, literally NO opinion on this.
I wrestled.
Then:
 I got to Africa.
And the internet connection took forever anyway.
Problem solved!
No blogging overseas.
And so clearly, now that we are home
there's WAY too much to say about Africa
WAY too much about our daughter's journey home
WAY too much to begin anywhere but
Right After The Very Beginning

but I have this baby now, ya know?
And she's little and needs me a bunch, ya know?
And plus I really like it, ya know?

So we'll have to make due for a little while with some pictures of my daughter:
(AKA: Girl with Possibly the Longest Name Ever)

Amaris Mariam Namulinde Asianut

or

Rissa.


 
it's okay. Be jealous. I know she's phenomonally adorable.


~~~And one more thing before we wait for a few more days for Africa Recapped posts~~~

There have been over a thousand emails sent to us.
Generously sent, we have pored over each one,
devouring them like sweet treats and using them as fuel when our tanks are "low".
We love emails.
We are grateful for emails.
And
alot of emails kindly commend our family for following God's leading to adopt.
Alot of people congratulate us and look awed.
Alot of people emphatically approve of how we have gotten serious about following God into something literally foreign.

To all of you I say this:

GO.
STEP OUT.
GET MOVING.
THIS. AIN'T. A. DRESS. REHEARSAL. PEOPLE.
USE UP YOUR LIFE.
SPEND LAVISHLY THE TIME AND MONEY AND ENERGY YOU HAVE BEEN GIVEN.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
YOU ARE MISSING OUT.
YOU ARE MISSING. OUT.
I'M NO ONE SPECIAL.
I'M JUST ME - A MOM - A WIFE - A BELIEVER.
GOOOOOOOOOOOO.
GOOO.
GO.
 (and here I'd be shoving you a little to prove a point.)
Stop being impressed with God doing Big Things in our lives
and PUT YOURSELVES IN THE WAY OF HIS GRACE.
It's YOU He's calling, too.



Try it.
Tell me I'm wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


*okay. Lecture over.


7 comments:

  1. Esty, she IS ridiculously adorable! SO, SO happy you're home (and even before you thought you'd be home!) and SO, SO happy that you are willing to go with God--wherever that may be. Hug that precious baby girl for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The voice from Princess Bride was in my head before I finished reading your title. :)
    I CAN wait to hear about your time in Uganda - the faces, the homes, the worship, the hard stuff, the great stuff, and all the in between stuff - but I can only wait because I know who's in your arms...and she's worth all the time you want to snuggle, squeeze, & kiss all over. Just know that I'll be here when you're ready. (Unless, of course, it's in the next 3 days because I'm off to Summit VII to see what BIG things God might be calling our family to! - no more lecture needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to Janna's comment. You are doing *exactly* what you should be doing right now! SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Jumping up and down with happiness for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on making it home. Your new addition is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Can't wait until we get to bring our little one home:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Esty!!! My heart is so full for you! When Audra told me Friday night my heart danced that our wonderful Father has heard your heart and has generously, and with much joy I am sure, said YES!!! Now, here she is in all her beauty and wonder! Praise God for your heart which is so like His in this....you have provided a home to the homeless, you have cared for the fatherless and you will shower her with the knowledge that our God is the source of your joy! So blessed you are and so blessed am I to see this answered prayer!

    Anne Hooser [Audra's Miss Anne]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! So many people said we were "amazing" and now I hate that word. WE ARE NOT AMAZING - GOD IS! If God can word through me, I promise HE will work through you! Step out of the boat!!!!

    OK - just had to add to your lecture! ;)

    Congrats fellow Uganda Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  7. preach it, sista! I know I wish I the faith and obedience that you and Andrew have. But, I am sure your journey has strengthened that faith and it was perhaps not as strong when you started the process. Your journey has been a testimony for many and thank you for taking the time to blog about your experience. (ps. girls have a way of turning a mom into a mamarazzzi!)

    ReplyDelete