Monday, January 3, 2011

It's ON

2010 in a word.....

"Surprising." ~ Esty

"Change." ~Andrew

As of January 1, 2011 this is no longer a family of all men plus a Mama.
~~*~~We are officially waiting for our baby girl to come home from China~~*~~
Even as I type that...it seems wildly surprising and I shake my head in bewilderment at God's sense of irony.

We have signed with AWAA.
We are starting now.
And I can see her.
I am not afraid.
I am ready.
As of right now this family is no longer just
All of My Boys and Me
(olivemyboysandme).
God has changed all of that now.
From now on we are winding our way down a Red Threaded path to Bejing and Guangzhou
and beyond.

So from now, these little lives will be documented here.
So please come with me!
What an adventure!

When asked "What do you think about us having a baby sister?":

"I would love one."~ Luke
"Good." ~Graham
"I would love swimming with her." ~Ethan

...here we go......................

7 comments:

  1. So excited! Honored to watch the journey....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excitedly grinning from ear to ear that it hurts. She is going to be dearly loved and adored by her big brothers. So happy for you. Don't forget to charge your camera when you go visit :) Love you~ Lizette

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOO exciting. Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because I know you will be reading this someday soon. . . sooner than your mommy and daddy can imagine right now, WELCOME to the wonderful, blessed life that God has ordained for you, little Downes princess! We love you and are praying for you even now and can't wait to see you for the first time and shower you with kisses!!
    Love, Amy, Charles, Audrey and Hailey

    PS: Audrey on what she thinks about da Downes boys having a baby sister from China: "good." Guess she and Graham are on the same page with this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure what happened...I thought I left a comment a few days ago but it looks like it got highjacked by the technology demons. bah!

    Anyhow, SO excited for you guys! I LOVE the new blog! So happy to be on this adventure with you girl. I love the red thread proverb...awesome.

    Where are you guys at in the process right now? We are finishing up our homestudy application, goodness, what a doozie! We got fingerprinted yesterday. so exciting. I am already looking forward to the day when your daughter and our son can meet :)

    hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!! : ) I am so so so excited to watch your journey!!!!! Don't hesitate to ask any questions!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Esty, just got caught up with your journey. How exciting! Bailey still talks about "Graham who used to be in my class, in Joyful Giraffes, and we called him 'graham cracker'" I hope that didn't hurt Graham's feelings:)It sounds like you are all doing well and i can't wait to hear the next update on your daughter! One or two??? Love, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete