Monday, December 20, 2010

Paper Chasing

If an adoption can be equated to pregnancy
then paper chasing can be equated to morning sickness.
*There's no cure.
*The more taxing it is on you, the more you can trust you are progressing.
*There's no rushing it.
*There's nothing to show for it, yet.
*There are random measurements and dates to cling to but no warm growing baby to touch.
*Even when you aren't dealing with it you are anticipating dealing with it.
*It distracts you from the moment you awaken.
*You'd like to announce that you are expecting a child but no one's very impressed with your progress yet.
*There are books to read on it and theraputic strategies to deal with it but really only someone who has been through it can appreciate the magnitude of it.
*It's a tangible way to get towards your child.
*It is a practice of sacrifice.
*It's not pretty but it has to be done.
*I have the distinct feeling it will age me.
*It will so be worth it.
*At this point, you're really IN it.
*One way or another there's a baby at the end of this.
So, Bring. It. ON.
{{wink}}

We start in 12 days.

2 comments:

  1. So excited for you! And you said it perfectly. I can't wait for your journey to begin! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new blog look! And I totally agree with your comparison. I have told many people that my pregnancies left stretch marks on my belly, but our adoption left stretch marks on my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete